1) Make sure your computer works on the switch (w/ your cable).
2) Make sure your computer works w/ a partner's (w/ your cross over-cable).
3) Research with your partner a networkable game that's
a) free to download (legally..lol)..because of the restrictions w/ the firewall you may have to download a copy at home
b) works with the hardware in the room
c) can work in Linux (either in native mode or using an emulator)
4) Claim your game by writing it on the blackboard. Once a game is claimed, it is off limits.
5) Practice setting up/playing/optimizing your game. Write these set-up instructions in a .txt file to be shared with the class, over the network
You have two days to complete the above. We will be studying the roll of servers on Thursday and Tuesday of the following week. The other two days next week will be playing games (tournament details to follow).
This is a good place to start looking for games.
This will be the on-line binder for TEJ3/4MI