We are starting out last unit in the class (with only a few days left we will be covering this information quite quickly..so please make sure you stay on top of all the course material).
In class today we'll define what we mean by "ethics" and "ethical", and sign up to take on one of the following questions. Everyone will create a Prezi of their thoughts and arguments that we will link to a main page for all of us to discuss. Only through conversation, research, analysis, and debate can we true understand these very complex issues:
We’ll look at the issues from several points of view:
Some specific topics that we’ll discuss are:
Some sites you might want to look at:
· Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility
· The Electronic Frontier Foundation
· ACM SIGCAS
· The Tavani Bibliography of Computing, Ethics, and Social Responsibility
· The DOLCE Project: Teaching Computer Ethics.
· The Research Center on Computing and Society
· National Academy of Engineering Online Ethics Center
The rubric for your Prezi can be found here.
The PowerPoint I am going to use to frame our discussion can be downloaded here.
But before we get too far into our discussion, we are going to watch Shyam Sankar's Ted Talk on The Rise of Human-Computer Co-Operation
This will be the on-line binder for TEJ3/4MI