My apologies. The cold that almost floored me yesterday, has done it's job today. Being sick at the start of a semester is about the worst timing possible, but we can look at it as a test of your abilities to remain professional and focused on the task at hand.
Today, I need you to accomplish the following:
1) I would like you to find a partner (you may start this process by yourself, but if I cannot secure enough Arduinos, you may be asked to join with another classmate). Your partner should be somebody who, when your two minds are combined, push you both forward. You should not be working with somebody who will distract you from the task at hand.
2) I would like you to spend 20-25 minutes googling arduino projects, and looking at websites such as Arduino Playground. I would like you to keep track of 2 or 3 projects that you are interested in pursuing.
3) Try to work your choices down to one that you think you can reasonably finish, given the time, $$, and geographical constraints of this class.
4) Fill out the attached proposal sheet, being as specific as possible. Feel free to include diagrams, part lists, and any other materials you think will be necessary to convince me that this is a project that you should be allowed to pursue for credit. The final decision is mine, so make your proposal outstanding.
5) With any time that is left, I would like you to go over the ImagineCup website. Because of the timing of when this course started, we will only be able to compete in the Kinect Fun Labs challenge. Please read everything over in detail, paying particular attention to the registration process, as we will need to have everything ready to go by February 14th. We will be working in groups of 3-5 to complete this challenge, so if you want to organize yourself with like-minded students, then please feel free to do so.
6) There is no room for a slow start to this course (or we simply have to cut meaningful content out from somewhere else). You need to make sure that all of the above is finished today.
This will be the on-line binder for TEJ3/4MI